drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip

Change Music Selection

May 3, 2009

Wonderful Week

I am back, did you miss me? Ha ha J/K. Well I must tell you I had a wonderful week. I went to Womens Conference at BYU. It was like a breath of fresh air. The weather was gorgeous. The spirit was strong and I learned so much. Like on of the presenters said fill your bucket and go home to splash it all over the people you love. I think that was Hillary Weeks. It is very much a blur for me. I need to read my notes several times before it all gets sorted out.

The company is always great. I love all the ladies I get to spend time with down at Womens Conference. Some of them I met there and only see them once a year. It is so good to catch up and hear how they have been and how their families are doing. It is also a good time to reconnect with my friends here in the ward. We are all so busy that finding time to visit can be very hard and it is rare. The group is a large reason I go every year. We have so much fun. I feel like I am 12 again having a sleepover with all my friends. We laugh and stay up all night visiting and sharing stories and experiences. We really cover the gammet on topics but they all are funny.

This next week we get to put the garden in. WaaaaaaHooooo! I am so excited. My plants are so ready t o go in. I am having a hard time keeping them happy right now and have been worried about them but I have hardened them off and they are readyy to be transplanted. It will be a busy saturday. We will transplant, get another yard of dirt for the front flower beds and recover the pool area and level it off to get ready to put the pool up. Regular weekend yard work, and remove a few bushes in the back yard. I think then we will be pretty well set for the summer.

All else is well. I hope to have a few pictures to put on next time. Oh by the way Matthew is now ten. He had a great birthday party. We took him and a few friends bowling. They were so cute. He is a great kid. So full of love and excitement. He pitched a practice game the other night and did fantastic. He ended up striking out 4 boys and helped get 2 outs on first base. He is so jazzed about baseball this year that we can hardly get him to take off his baseball cap. He practices everyday. We have enjoyed watching him play and practice.

Ok I think that is all. Love to everyone.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I bet that was so fun! I can't wait to plant my garden! I am dying to get my hands dirty!

Erin said...

Happy "late" birthday Matthew!!
Sounds like you had a blast at women's conference. Every year I say that NEXT year I'll go. Who doesn't need to be spiritually fed for a week...not to mention fun with the girls! Good for you!

Stephanie said...

I'm so jealous! One of these years I need to meet you there at Women's Conference. I miss being able to go!