drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip

Change Music Selection

Jun 25, 2009

Okay, Okay













Well, I can't say that I have been too busy for this post, Don't get me wrong I have been busy but I have logged on here a couple of times to do this entry and have chickened out. I just hate to be the bearer of bad news and I don't want this news to be considered a cry for attention or sympathy but sooner or later everyone will hear about it and I would rather be the one doing the telling.

I have just been diagnosed with diabetes. Now before everyone goes off saying poor Nicole and that is to bad or so sad, know this. I have known for years that it was coming. My family is at high risk for it and I have polycystic ovaries (which many of you know) and that is an indicator of diabetes in women. I have been working with my Dr. who is fabulous and have managed to drop a little weight and with oral medication and diet it is well under control. I have made several concious decisions. 1. This is a new leg of my journey in life. It is an opportunity for me to learn more about myself and to improve in ways that I have needed to but never had the strong motivation to get me going. 2. I have decided that I have diabetes, It does not have me. I am learning my limits and the guidlines. I have much to learn and have made a comittment to myself to live my life to its fullest regardless of the stigma that comes with this condition. I realize it will be a life long process and that I can make this a crippling excuse or a strengthening experience. I choose to do the latter. Now having said that. Everyone reading this knows where I am coming from. I know many of you may have the reaction that I talked about earlier, please let that go and don't feel bad for me or worry about me. I don't want a pity party. I just want you all to know I love you and I am fine.
Now more fun things! Girls Camp was awesome! we got rained on every day. We didn't have to go tubing down the river because most girls were afloat on their air mattress' in the tents. Miraculously it always cleared up just long enough to do the important things that camp is meant for and overall everyone loved it, not one girl complained all week and we all came away knowing more about ourselves and our Savior. So I call it an overwhleming success.

News on the homefront is more or less the same. I head off to youth conference in two weeks then a week in Colorado for a family reunion and then a week in Arizona to visit some friends and family. So July is chalk full of fun and adventure.
Matt and Matthew are champs. They plug along just fine when I am gone but Iam always happy to get back to them and do my thing here at home. Matt continues to work hard and got an interesting call the other day from the guy who fired him in October asking him to come back and help them out. Some of you might know how this guy treated Matt and the problems we had with the job so I am glad to say Matt is so busy he couldn't go back if he wanted to, and believe me he doesn't.
Little Matthew is out playing all day most days. I have learned to relax a little and he has more freedom than he has in the past and is loving every minute of it. He just wants to go, go, go. It has been good for him and for me. He is such a good kid and so full of love. I am so blessed.
So in a nutshell there is the last month. Love you all. Hope your summer is going swimmingly!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nicole, if anyone can handle having diabetes, you can! I wish I could have gone to girls camp this year. So many people I know got to go! I'm glad you had a great experience!

Kaylee said...

Hey Nicole you are awesome! You have such a great attitude that we all can learn from. We saw Matt at the pool the other day and it does sound like he's staying busy!

Erin said...

Since I can't say "I'm sorry", I guess I'll say Congrats on having diabetes. :) You have such a great attitude! I wish I lived close by so it would rub off on me! I'm excited to see you in July!

Adventures of Matt and Rae said...

What a great way to look at it! Good luck getting everything fine tuned! By the way Matt had a great time up at camp too!

Brooke said...

I love your attitude! The world needs more people like you! That is good to hear you have relaxed a little about Matthew having freedom (I remember our many conversations at the salon). It's a hard thing to do, but it is good in the end. I am glad to hear everything else is good!