drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip
drip

Change Music Selection

Oct 2, 2009

Great News

I just had some lab work done this week and the results came back as NON-DIABETIC!!!!!
I still have some weight to lose to get off all my medications and improve my long term fight against diabetes but I have made it to a major milestone.
I have also started hiking every week and have been to the waterfall a few times now. I am not too excited about the cold weather because I want to keep hiking. One of the thiings I have been dealing with due to weight loss is being cold all the time. I carry my electric heating pad with me in the house to stay warm. I don't know if I will be able to hike in the winter weather.
I just had to share my exciting news. Maybe by spring I will reach all my goals. I have been super frustrated with my weight loss but my Dr. reassured me that it is right where it should be and I need to not put so much pressure on myself to lose weight so fast. She said to expect 4 lbs a month from here on out for a healthy weight loss, I guess I need to re-think the goals I put up in early September. I am doing 300 or more crunches everday and at least as many push-ups. My diet is actually better this last few weeks and I have had a few medication changes that have thrown me a little out of whack but overall the news is very positive and my Dr. feels great about the progress. I am thrilled.
Thank you everyone for your support and prayers. This last year has been very difficult for me and I have been handling things by re-treating into my private world and coping with all this pretty much within the walls of my home and with my family, I hope I haven't hurt anyones feelings. I have not been out doing anything I usually do for quite sometime and many of you have continued to invite me to join you for social gathterings and I have not been there. Thank you for continuing to include me. It has meant a lot and I hope that I will be able to start handling some more of these events. I do miss all of you and your wonderful spirits. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends. I love you all and hope you know how much you mean to me.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats Nicole!! That is amazing!! Just a tip that you can take or leave..., instead of doing so many crunches, try Pilates. THere are a TON of DVD's out there. I prefer Jennifer Kries "The Method". You can find it at Target, I think. Anyway.., I just find it WAY more effective for my abs. It targets ALL the ab muscles. Crunches never did too much for me. Besides, it's good to mix things up to confuse your muscles every so often. I promise you...you WILL be sore!! You are very inspiring!!

Brooke said...

Holy cow that is awesome!!!!! You look so good, I have wanted to tell you that at church the last few weeks but that is so great!

Kaylee said...

Good work, Nicole! That's great news! I also have an at-home workout suggestion: 30-Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. Get on Amazon.com and you can find it for like $7. It's amazing for your entire body and it's only 30 mins long.